Best Of 2007

December 27th, 2007

It’s the time of year again to ponder, summarize, draw conclusions, and resolve. The year 2007 has been a prolific year in perfumery, as you well know. The perfume bloggers including myself have voiced their opinions aplenty, yet we feel it’s essential to present you with a report of what we think totally rocked, to put it plainly. Overall, 2007 produced some pretty exciting and noteworthy fragrances, even if I didn’t love them all. In my eternal need to organize everything, I’ve come up with a few categories.

Best Representation Of A Note: The Year Of Iris

Patchouli Luxe by Comme des Garcons

Best Relaunch

Montaigne by Caron

Best Flanker

Voile de Fleur by Tom Ford

Chanel No 5 Eau Premiere

Please share yours and check out my fellow bloggers for their picks: Bois de Jasmin :: Now Smell This :: Perfume Posse :: Perfume Smellin’ Things :: Scentzilla

• 1. Marina  |  December 27th, 2007 at 11:52 pm

Great categorizations! I agree on everything except Gucci by Gucci. It was one of my disappointments this year :-)

• 2. Elle  |  December 28th, 2007 at 7:03 am

I share your eternal need to organize everything. :-) Great categories! This really was the year for iris. I do love it, but…next note, please! I’d so love a leather or tobacco/smoke year.
    Can’t believe I still haven’t sniffed Chanel #5 Eau Premiere! Must remedy that!

• 3. Patty  |  December 28th, 2007 at 7:19 am

Very nice list. I hope you’ll keep writing once you have moved, and all my best wishes for a great new year!

• 4. Judith  |  December 28th, 2007 at 8:33 am

I have to say that your list (of the ones I smelled) is probably the closest to mine of any I’ve seen. Finally someone who, despite the loony price, put CdG Patch there (which I’ve been wearing constantly). I will miss you soooooo much!

• 5. Robin  |  December 28th, 2007 at 8:52 am

Ina, I feel terrible, I literally forgot all about POTL Amaze. They get dissed for having been released in January — I can’t keep anything in mind for that long!

• 6. Madelyn E  |  December 28th, 2007 at 3:22 pm

Hello.
    You have the best list if The Best of 2007 ! Grea t Job ! I appreciate your Iris theme . I might include Guerlain Double Spirituese Vanille, – (vanilla. tobacco incemse ). and Hors La Monde Shiloh . I love the Velvet Gardenia, Chanel Coromandel. 31 rue Canbom ( my fave) , Rykiel Womam- Not for Men. (thanks to Chaya). I cannot tolerate the new Tuberose Gardenia by Estee Lauder. Sorry Aerin. It’s too sharp , harsh and in your face !
    Iris Infusion by Prada was the No. 1 seller in Nordstrom’s this Xmas(unofficially.
    I think we are all so lucky to have such a variety in choice , don’t you ?
    Thanks to the internet one can buy almost anything 1
    My maternal grandmother’s family comes from Riga , Latvia.
    I would love to visit someday ..
    bnest to luck to you. Why are you moving ? How are the perfume sel;ections there ?
    Happy , Healthy and prosperous 2008 to you and your husband !

• 7. Victoria  |  December 28th, 2007 at 5:48 pm

Ah, I completely forgot about Eau Premiere, which I enjoyed very much. It is such a lovely launch, and I am enjoying wearing it. Of course, there were many good things from Chanel this year.

• 8. Aline et Valcour  |  December 28th, 2007 at 9:19 pm

my best 2007 pick is Sarrasins by Serge Lutens, otherwise I believe 2007 was a very bad year, Lady Vengeance should have been the new fatale Narcisse Noir instead it was Dior Midnight Poison ‘s little pretty sister! Kilian tried to sell us the Baudelaire cliche around fragrance names that sound like Victoria Secret, the result is similar to Parfumerie Generale but three times more expensive and far less genuine.

• 9. tmp00  |  December 28th, 2007 at 11:48 pm

Wonderful list! I hope that you will continue to blog from your new (old) home. What an adventure! We’ll want to read all about it!

• 10. DeniseL  |  December 30th, 2007 at 2:19 pm

Ina, I’ve really enjoyed reading your blog. I hope you continue blogging in the future! Also, great list!

• 11. winterwheat  |  January 3rd, 2008 at 8:57 pm

It’s great to see more posts from you, Ina! I love your list. And It’s wonderful to hear you’ll be heading back home; Chicago will be slightly gloomier without you.

• 12. Anna  |  February 11th, 2008 at 8:40 pm

Chanel No. 5 is always the classic. And I do love that bottle for
    Stoned by Solange Azagury-Partridge,it is tooK cute!

• 13. Fragrance Lady  |  March 18th, 2008 at 6:43 pm

I love the list, except I would just take Gucci by Gucci out. The rest are great, still have to try out 2 of them but I am sure they will be good.

• 14. girlsodeadly  |  June 6th, 2008 at 11:43 pm

I wasn ‘t impressed by Iris Ganache, a thick gourmand amber that smells more like a Montale or Indult than an elegant refined Guerlain!
    I was also disappointed by Montaigne relaunch, I still have the original edt, this new edp is typical of Richard Fraysse ‘s incompetant reformulations, overtly sweet and thick.

• 15. Best of 2007 in Perfume &&hellip  |  April 5th, 2012 at 9:36 pm

[...] see the Best of 2007 lists by the other participant bloggers:Aromascope :: Now Smell This :: Perfume Posse :: Perfume Smellin’ Things :: [...]

• 16. Best Perfumes for 2007&hellip  |  August 24th, 2012 at 11:49 pm

[...] other perfume blogs as they weigh in with their thoughts on perfume in 2007.¬† Aromascope¬†:: Bois de Jasmin :: Now Smell This :: Perfume Posse :: PerfumeSmellin’ Things [...]

December 2007