Home Sweet Home

December 21st, 2007

The time has come to tell you, my dear readers, about the biggest news – in February, my husband and I are moving back to my home country, Latvia! Needless to say, we’re both very excited (although the said husband has never lived abroad, let alone a post-Soviet-borderline-European country, but he’s being a good sport). At this point we have no idea what we’ll do for work (ideas are welcome!), and I’m still not sure whether I’ll be able to blog about perfume although I will explore the venue once I’m there. It’ll be an adventure for sure! Lots to do before February but please stay tuned for the Best of 2007 post next Friday, December 28. I miss you all!

• 1. Gaia  |  December 22nd, 2007 at 1:57 am

Wow! That’s a seriously big move. I won’t be surprised if you eventually find yourself as a writer of some sort. You definitely have what it takes and I guess they can always use good translators.
    have a smooth move and good luck!

• 2. Erin / Tigs  |  December 22nd, 2007 at 5:36 pm

Ina, congratulations! We are in a very similar situation, having moved right across Canada just before Christmas with no jobs to be back with our families – not quite as adventurous as you, but I know the combination of joy and worry you must be feeling. Just remember that there is no place like home! I look forward to your holiday post and hope you’ll get a chance to continue the blog in Latvia….

• 3. Marina  |  December 22nd, 2007 at 9:41 pm

I am too chocked up to type. But you know I wish you the best of luck and happiness back in LV.
    Love,
    M.

• 4. Flora  |  December 22nd, 2007 at 9:44 pm

Wow, Ina, that is a big change! I am very happy for you but you must be feeling a lot of different emotions right now, it’s kind of scary! I hope you will be happy and successful in your new life.

• 5. Veronica  |  December 23rd, 2007 at 7:01 pm

Dear Inochka,
    Wow, what a surprise, that’s a huge move! I feel in awe at the amount of determination you’ve got. I left Russia ten years ago and I miss home so much and often think of moving back, althogh my whole familiy is here. There’s nothing like home, and I wish you the best of success in all you pursuits, I’m sure you’ll be brillaint in everything you decide to do. Latvia is a happening place right now, I’m sure your hubby will love it there, he’s a keeper just for agreeing to give it a try. We will miss you dearly and I hope you’ll continue to write in whatever form it takes and maybe maintain a blog. It’s been one of my favorite ones among fragrance-related blogs, thanks so much and best of luck to you and your husband!

• 6. chayaruchama  |  December 24th, 2007 at 11:25 pm

I’m so happy that you will be able to be with your loving family[ whom you've missed], but I feel badly that we haven’t yet .

To quote my DH :
    “She can blog from Latvia, you know”.
    Maybe ?
    Just a wee bit ?

Be safe and happy, darling.
    Happy new year.

• 7. Billy D  |  December 25th, 2007 at 2:44 pm

My boyfriend is of Latvian descent, and he’s always wanted to visit–suggestions of sites are welcome, I’ll try trade you job suggestions.

• 8. Priscilla/Greeneyes  |  December 26th, 2007 at 10:39 am

Best of luck to you Ina! I hope you will find a way to blog now and again. We all miss you. I’ll look forward to seeing your top ten.
    Happy Holidays!

• 9. violetnoir  |  December 26th, 2007 at 12:21 pm

Best wishes to you and your husband, Ina. We will miss you!

Hugs and love!

• 10. Judith  |  December 28th, 2007 at 8:30 am

Ina–I will miss you so much (even though I haven’t seen you so much:) You must write/blog from Latvia! All good wishes to you and your husband!!

• 11. kealle  |  January 3rd, 2008 at 12:13 pm

Congratulations, Ina! I hope you both thrive and prosper in Latvia. But we will miss you terribly here in Chicago…

• 12. Cat  |  January 12th, 2008 at 2:08 am

Wow, a big move but also a big adventure! I too am moving soon (from UK to Korea) so I know how much there is to sort out and do before you leave… but hopefully you’ll find some time to update us ;) Good luck with it all!!!

• 13. Sandra  |  February 21st, 2008 at 4:55 am

Hi,

I just popped into your blog while surfing around – and what a surprise – I am latvian – born and grown up in Latvia, although for 7 years live in Italy. Sure you should be able to blog from Latvia and I bet you will like a lot the place – it has changed so much, I was there in last summer and it has really became modern and fashionable city.

Good luck!