Summer Top 10

July 19th, 2007

It seems like I’ve made several perfume lists here in the past few weeks, and today is yet another list! Woohoo! However, today the list is a joint project between other perfume bloggers – our top 10 fragrances this summer. The fragrances below aren’t necessarily best for summer weather – they’re simply my most loved and worn this season.

Carnal Flower by Frederic Malle is the scent I enjoy most in heat.

Iris Ganache by Guerlain as the best new release this season.

Frederic Malle Une Fleur de Cassie Body Butter is my favorite scented moisturizer.

A.Maze by People of The Labyrinths in eau de toilette makes me feel amazing.

Black Oud by Montale is my top going out scent.

Fleur de Narcisse by L’Artisan Parfumeur is elegance in a bottle.

Lady Vengeance by Juliette Has A Gun makes me feel like a vixen.

Tobacco Vanille by Tom Ford is my all around feel good scent.

Rose En Noir by Miller Harris is one of my favorite sultry rose scents of all time.

Coromandel by Chanel as a versatile scent that can be easily dressed up or down.

Please be sure to check Summer Top 10 on the following blogs:

Bois de Jasmin

Now Smell This

Perfume Posse

Perfume-Smellin’ Things

Scentzilla

• 1. Leopoldo  |  July 20th, 2007 at 12:44 am

That’s a fascinating (and quirky!) list Ina.

• 2. Bryan  |  July 20th, 2007 at 2:23 am

Wow, I think we have a ton in common. I love CF, Iris Ganache and Coromandel too, especially in the heat. Love the blog and thank you for your lovely comments on the Posse yesterday….it means a lot coming from you.

• 3. Judith  |  July 20th, 2007 at 6:06 am

Wow–I guess I don’t think your list is as quirky as Lee does. I posted on M’s blog before I saw this, and now I find that we overlap on 3 choices (Carnal Flower, Lady V., and Fleur de Narcisse), and I really like most of your others!

• 4. Marina  |  July 20th, 2007 at 7:04 am

Ha. They are saying over there, how can I wear those things in summer :-) I bow down to you Ina. Coromandel would kill me in the heat. Just plain smother me. Apart from that, I would wear everything else on your beautiful, very chic list.

• 5. Patty  |  July 20th, 2007 at 8:23 am

Lord,l’d die with any of those in the heat. I have very little tolerance for heavy scents when it is hot. But outside of summer, that is agreat list of scents, all of which I adore!

• 6. Robin  |  July 20th, 2007 at 8:59 am

Whew, echoing everyone else — hot weather doesn’t bother you, does it Ina? But a great list, even if I’d save it for cooler days :-)

• 7. tmp00  |  July 20th, 2007 at 11:07 am

Great list! I bow to you!

• 8. Leopoldo  |  July 20th, 2007 at 12:44 pm

I just want to clarify that quirky here means unusual, fascinating and a little surprising. And, as M says, very chic too.

• 9. Judith  |  July 20th, 2007 at 2:54 pm

Hey, Lee, I knew that:) It was just that since Ina I and and shared so many choices, they seemed a bit less unusual to me. . . But I have been called “quirky” upon occasion, too (I can only hope it meant all the good things you list:)

• 10. Karen M  |  July 20th, 2007 at 3:01 pm

Ina, love your list, and loved meeting you today at L’Artisan! As I mentioned there, I’ve loved Black Orchid in the heat, the dirty, truffle blast I usually get only in the beginning keeps coming back and blooming. If a mushroom can be said to bloom! But it’s definately not a scent for the timid. BTW, the Dzing I tried on has been wonderful, earthy but sheer, and surprisingly tenacious. I now understand what all the fuss is about.

• 11. Katie  |  July 20th, 2007 at 8:17 pm

Okay, I give – I must try Carnal Flower during summer. It seems like a slightly counterintuitive choice to me, but I mean that in the nicest way possible :) Counterintuitive can result in such happy surprises. It’s nice to see a list with some fine “out of the ordinary” choices, when all the glossy mags run nothing but list after list of listless fruity-florals! So many of your picks are full bodied and delicious whether the thermometer feels like traveling north or south. Great top ten!

• 12. Flora  |  July 21st, 2007 at 1:07 am

Wow, fab list! I would go for the Carnal Flower – in my opinion these heavy white flowers are in their element in the summer, since that is when they bloom anyway. That one and SL A La Nuit would be wonderful, though I would not dare wearing them for work – only for things that are much more fun.

Lady Vengeance sure looks like fun! I would wear that just for the name.

• 13. Ina  |  July 21st, 2007 at 10:15 am

Leo, quirky is my middle name. I wish! ;)

Bryan, glad to have another scent twin. :) Yes, please, keep writing!

Judith, I could easily have your list, too. But you already knew that. ;)

Marina, I guess I don’t have summer scents as in meteorologically summer. If I love it, I wear it no matter the weather. ;)

Patty, well, much of my summer is spent indoors (where I can only wear scents by a certain company), so I guess I really make up for it when I get home. I often miss my fumies. ;)

Robin, hot weather bothers the heck out of me! But I’m often in denial, hence the scent choices. ;)

Tom, you stand up right now! Now, let’s hug. ;)

Leo, you flatter me but I love you for it. ;)

Judith, I can assure you it’s all good. :)

Karen, it was a pleasure to meet you, too! So glad to see you commenting. :) You got me inspired to give Black Orchid *yet* another try.

Katie, thank you! You absolutely must try CF in heat. It’s beyond divine. (Btw, glad you’re safe and sound!)

Donna, A La Nuit is divine in heat, too. Lady Vengeance is exactly what it claims to be and more!

• 14. Top Ten Scents of Summer &hellip  |  April 4th, 2012 at 1:16 am

[...] Aromascope [...]

• 15. Top 10 of Summer Scents 2&hellip  |  April 5th, 2012 at 6:15 pm

[...] more Top 10 of Summer lists please see the following:Aromascope Now Smell ThisPerfume PossePerfume-Smellin’ Things [...]

• 16. Top Ten of Summer!&hellip  |  August 6th, 2012 at 9:53 pm

[...] Aromascope : Bois de Jasmin : Now Smell This : Perfume Posse : Perfume-Smellin’ Things : Scentzilla [...]

July 2007