Even though I don’t celebrate Christmas, December has always been a magical month, mostly due to the festive spirit of New Year’s (which in my childhood was associated with Father Frost and his assistant Snow Maiden, lots of candy, clementines, walnuts, fun TV shows, New Year’s tree with obnoxious decorations, and fighting with my brother, primarily over candy). I know it’s only December 6 but I haven’t been home for two years (the longest ever), and the nostalgia is getting to me. This post, however, isn’t intended as a self-pity party. On the contrary, it’s all about self-indulgence – I’m putting together a wishlist for myself. Here’re some of the things I’d like to get in the near future:
- Perfume Legends book by Michael Edwards – an awesome reference on perfume history, perfumers, bottle design, etc.
- Opopanax candle by Diptyque – just because I love the way opoponax smells, and this candle is divine.
- Aedes de Venustas home spray by L’Artisan Parfumeur – I already have the candle which has an irresistible leathery balsamic throw, and I plan to try out the room spray as a personal fragrance.
- Vintage Shalimar parfum – because Paris Hilton wears it.
- Nahema parfum – because I’m worth it.
And a trip home.
What fragrant things are on your holiday wishlist?
Image source: www.wikipedia.org
30 comments December 5th, 2006