Bois D’Argent by Christian Dior

June 14th, 2006

Bois D'ArgentToday I’m wearing Bois D’Argent cologne. The cologne is part of the trio (Cologne Blanche and Eau Noire being the other two) created by Hedi Slimane, a fashion designer for Christian Dior. It features the notes of iris, incense, myrrh, honey, and leather – exactly the kind of notes I adore in perfume. On my skin, this takes on a dusty, hazy quality. Incense and myrrh are not jarring, honey is not syrupy, and leather is not abrasive. It’s a subdued composition, with notes blended together harmoniously. When I wear it, I feel calm, peaceful, and poised.

Bois D’Argent can be purchased from Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue, and Eluxury.

Image source: www.eluxury.com

• 1. Victoria  |  June 14th, 2006 at 10:26 am

I was planning to revisit it soon, because I am trying to decide whether I need anything more than my decant or not. I agree about its hazy quality, which is probably what gives it a comforting effect.

• 2. Ina  |  June 14th, 2006 at 10:30 am

I have a decant, too, and I’m constantly fighting the urge to get a bottle. ;)

• 3. Marina  |  June 14th, 2006 at 7:21 pm

I adore this one, you know it :-) It is just such a soft, peaceful scent.

• 4. Ina  |  June 14th, 2006 at 8:17 pm

• 5. GENNARO  |  November 28th, 2006 at 12:05 pm

hi i1am a problem i want buy this parfum but in italy is not present have you adress where i can bui it?

• 6. Ina  |  November 28th, 2006 at 5:03 pm

Gennardo, I’m afraid I don’t know where it can be purchased in Europe but you could try eBay or contact a Dior store.

• 7. Nathan Sims  |  December 13th, 2006 at 8:07 pm

Bois D’Argent is the best smelling frangrance I’ve evr experienced. I always have a desire to smell the fragrance at all times. Can you please contact me on where I can find a bottle.

• 8. Ina  |  December 13th, 2006 at 8:22 pm

Nathan, you can find Bois d’Argent as Saks Fifth Avenue as well as eluxury.com

• 9. Aromascope » Eau No&hellip  |  January 16th, 2007 at 12:30 am

[...] Eau Noire is part of the cologne trio (Bois d’Argent and Cologne Blanche being the other two), created under the direction of Dior’s men’s clothing designer Hedi Slimane by Francis Kurkdjian. These colognes are brilliantly made, with unique compositions that are both classic and modern, and can be worn both by men and women (and then some!) Eau Noire seems to be the most fitting for winter with its warm, bitter-sweet effect. It features such typical for men’s colognes notes as thyme, sage, lavender, and cedar. In Eau Noire, however, the result is far from crisp and well-groomed. Thanks to immortelle and vanilla pairing, it has a slightly sweet, curry-like accord in which the lavender and herbs are simmering. It’s both cozy and elegant, and can be easily dressed up or down. I simply adore it. [...]

• 10. Aromascope » My Top&hellip  |  April 16th, 2007 at 11:49 pm

[...] Bois d’Argent by Christian Dior [...]

• 11. terry  |  March 12th, 2008 at 3:11 pm

hey guys and ladies. i have been looking for the cologne bois d argent everywhere no one has it . where on the net or in stores can I find it?

• 12. Renato  |  July 16th, 2008 at 6:47 am

I love this! I am on my second 500ml bottle now and I always get comments whenever I am wearing this..

• 13. Ricky Wyatt  |  September 14th, 2008 at 4:52 pm

I buy mine in London. I usually get it from Browns on South Molton Street, but I’ve also bought it at Dior Homme Harrods and Birmingham Selfridges.

June 2006